Today we are discussing here, how we can fix error apache shutdown unexpectedly in xampp server.
As you all know Xampp server is a free and open-source web server developed by Apache Friends. Most of the people use xampp server to run their applications of PHP, WordPress, Perl, etc. But sometimes when we start Apache in their xampp server, we get an error Apache Shutdown unexpectedly. if you want to know, how you can install xampp server in your local computer. you can follow the link How to install xampp server in windows 10
Today we will discuss here, What’s the reason of this error? and How we can fix it in xampp server?.
- What’s the reason of this error? Actually our localhost server used a default port, port 80. Most of applications also use this port number on the computer. When you install xampp server in your local computer and click on the start button to run apache, then apache is also searched for port 80. If there is any application on your computer, which is used port 80 already then you will get this error Apache Shutdown unexpectedly.
So, when we get this error then we will give a separate port number to run their apache server.
Some other useful links.
- How to move WordPress website from localhost to live server.
- How you can submit your WordPress website in google search console.
- How you can book a domain for your website at a cheap rate in just 5 minutes.
2. How we can fix it in xampp server? To fix this error in xampp server, we will give a separate port number to run their apache server. we will do changes in two files (i) httpd.conf and (ii) httpd-ssl.conf of Apache.
Follow the following steps to fix the error apache shutdown unexpectedly in xampp server.
- Open your xampp control panel and click on Config. button against the Apache and choose the first option httpd.conf
2. Open the first file httpd.conf and find 80.
3. Change Listen 80 to Listen 8080.
4. Now Find text “servername”.
5. Now change ServerName localhost:80 to 8080
6. Now save the file httpd.conf
7. Now we will do changes in our second file of apache httpd-ssl.conf. Just click on it.
8. Now find 443 in httpd-ssl.conf file.
9. Now change Listen 443 to Listen 4433.
10. Now click on the next button.
11. Change <VirtualHost _default_:443> to <VirtualHost _default_:4433>
12. Now save the httpd-ssl.conf file.
13. After completing these changes, just click on the start button against Apache.
14. Click on the Allow Access button. Now Your Apache will work successfully.