Today we are discussing here, how to install wordpress on localhost step- by- step.
To install wordpress on localhost first we need to download wordpress from wordpress official website wordpress.org . Here most important thing is that you need a server named xampp to run your wordpress. So first you need to install xampp server, before start work with wordpress. if you have no idea how to install xampp server, you can follow the link How to install xampp server in windows 10.
Some other useful links.
- How to move wordpress website from localhost to live server.
- How you can book a domain for your website at a cheap rate in just 5 minutes.
- How you can submit your WordPress website in google search console using Yoast Plugin.
After installing xampp server on your local computer and run Apache & MySQl in xampp control Panel, Now you need to follow the following steps to, how to install wordpress on localhost.
- Go to WordPress official website wordpress.org and click on button get wordpress.
2. Click on the download button and Get your WordPress with the latest version.
3. Now copy this wordpress folder and paste it into htdocs folder of xampp server.
4. Rename your WordPress folder as you like your website name. Here I am using the name “My WordPress Website”.
5. In the next step, Now we will create a database for our website. To create a database for our website, we will go to our browser and type http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ ( Here our default localhost runs on port 8080. So we are using http://localhost:8080/phpmyadmin/ ).
6. Now we will create a database for the website. To create a database, click on the database tab and will give a database name. Here we are giving name mywordpresswebsite.
7. Now start the set-up of our website. To start set up, go to the browser and type http://localhost/(your website folder name)/ ( Here our default localhost runs on port 8080. So we are using http://localhost:8080/(website folder name)/ ).
8. Here our website folder name was “MyWordpressWebsite”. So we are using http://localhost:8080/(MyWordpressWebsite)/ and press the enter.
9. Now the following window will open. Here you can choose your language and then press enter.
10. After that, the following window will open. This will open to configure the database with your WordPress website. So we will click ok Let’s go! to configure the database with the WordPress website.
11. Here we will configure their database with our WordPress website. So we will follow as:
- (i) First, we give their database name. Here our database name is “mywordpresswebsite“. so we will use it. You can give your database name.
- (ii) Enter “root” in the username. We will use “root” always when we are working on the localhost.
- (iii) Password will be blank for the localhost.
- (iv) Table Prefix “wp_”. You can choose any other as you want your table prefix.
then click on “Submit”
12. Now Click on “Run the Installation” to the final installation of the WordPress Project.
13. Enter the following details for the final installation of the WordPress Project.
- (i) Give the Title of your website in Site Title textbox. I am giving my site title “My WordPress Website”. You can give your own.
- (ii) Give a Username for website login.
- (iii) Enter a Password for website login.
- (iv) Enter your email address.
- (v) Don’t Check on the checkbox of “Search Engine Visibility”.
Click on the “Install WordPress” button.
14. Now your WordPress install successfully for this project. Enter your login details for your WordPress website dashboard.
(i) These login details will help you to log in to your website dashboard.
(ii) You can access your website dashboard by given your website name forward slash wp-admin ( www.websitename/wp-admin)
Comments (3) on "How to install wordpress on localhost"