Today we are discussing here, how to move wordpress website from localhost to live server.
To move the WordPress website from localhost to live server. We need a domain & a hosting to upload our website on live server. If you do not know, how you can book a domain. You can follow How to book a domain name. If you have no idea, how to start WordPress website on localhost and how to install a WordPress on your local computer, you can follow how to install WordPress on localhost step- by- step, to install & start work in WordPress on your local pc.
Here we have a WordPress website name “My WordPress Website” on our local PC. We will move this wordpress website from localhost to live server. Here we are using “C Panel” because our domain & hosting is on it.
if you want to know how you can submit your WordPress website in google search console, you can follow How to submit WordPress website in google search console.
Some other useful links.
- How to install xampp server in windows 10 step-by-step.
- how to fix error apache shutdown unexpectedly in xampp server.
- How you can book a domain for your website at a cheap rate in just 5 minutes.
So, Now we follow the following steps for how to move wordpress website from localhost to live server.
- First, we go to our web browser and enter our localhost address for the WordPress website.
- Now we will host this local WordPress website to live server. Here we have a domain “test.techtutor.in”. We will move our website on this domain.
- Here we enter our domain address to check, Is it accessible?
- Here you can see no website is present on our domain “test.techtutor.in”. Now we will move the local WordPress website here.
- Now login to the ‘C Panel’ of your hosting and enter the login details to log in it.
- Now we will go to the Public_Html folder in our File Manager.
- Upload our website zip folder in the Public_Html folder and Extract it.
- Move Extract files into the Public_Html folder because the website will access from the Public_Html folder. So we will move all the files here.
- Now we will create a database for our website. To create a database we will go to “MySQL Database Wizard” in C panel.
- Click on “MySQL Database Wizard”. Give a database name and save it for later use. we are giving “mywordpresswebsite” you can choose your own.
- Give a username & password and click on Create User.
- Check the Checkbox ALL PRIVILEGES to give all access.